ANC and Obuts are not hostile to dialogue

15/08/2011
ANC and Obuts are not hostile to dialogue

The announcement of the resumption of political dialogue, made last Friday, by the Council of Ministers is widely commented on by the leaders of parties.The ANC "takes note" but sets its conditions.

"If the government calls on us for dialogue and to honor certain prerequisites such as the return of our deputies to the National Assembly, we will go," said the leader of the opposition group, Jean-Pierre Fabre. 

For the Agbéyomé Kodjo side (left), leader of Obuts (opposition) it is rather good news. 

"The political situation in our country requires that there be a genuine dialogue so that we can build institutions that will form the basis of our democracy," said the former Prime Minister of Togo. 

The president of Togo, Faure Gnassingbé, had hoped earlier this year to initiate a broad discussion with the entire political class to come before the deadlines, and local laws.

Commentaires

Loading comments ...

Loading comments ...

IL NE FALLAIT PAS MANQUER

Un nouveau marché pour la ville de Bafilo

Développement

L’Etat va investir 450 millions de Fcfa pour la construction du nouveau marché de Bafilo (Nord du Togo, 26.000 habitants).

Le 2 février met les petits plats dans les grands

Tourisme

L’hôtel du 2 février (ex-Radisson Blu) organise à partir de ce samedi une semaine gastronomique pour découvrir les saveurs du Togo et du monde entier.

La musique pour adoucir les tensions

Culture

Un message d’amour et d’espoir en ces temps troublés. Telle est l’ambition de Valentine Alvares à travers son nouveau single sorti jeudi.

Villes de demain

Développement

Les pouvoirs publics ont signé un mémorandum d'entente avec ONU-Habitat pour mieux gérer l'urbanisation galopante.